Melton Mowbray Market, Scalford Road, Melton Mowbray, LE13 1JY
For information Phone : 01664 562971 Fax: 01664 561153
- All animals entered for the Sale will be appraised, out of the pens, by a Society appointed Appraiser.
- Vendors will be required, as a condition of entry for the sale, to display the completed appraisal on the animal's pen.
- Entries will only be permitted of halter led animals.
- Entries close: Paper Entries 14th July Online Entries 22nd July.
- Transfer fee payable of £10.00 + VAT by Vendor and £10.00 + VAT by Buyer for each animal transferred.
- Judge: Philip Robinson Steward: David Bevan Appraiser: Dan Bull
UPDATE 14.08.2007: The Auctioneers are hopeful that it will be possible for this Show and Sale to take place on schedule.
UPDATE 15.08.2007: Following today's announcement that under standard EU provisions normal movements can not be resumed before the 8th September and a number of conditions need to be met before a date for resumption can be agreed it is now likely that the Show & Sale will take place on Friday 28th & Saturday 29th September. Please check this site and the Market site regularly for confirmation and further information.
UPDATE 17.08.2007: No decision has yet been made regarding the date that the sale may take place. The matter is still under discussion between all involved parties, including Defra, and it is hoped that some more definite news will be available early next week. Please keep visiting this site for information.
UPDATE 24.08.2007: A decision is not likely until after the Bank Holiday, please check back on a regular basis. An announcement will be made as soon as we are informed.
UPDATE 28.08.2007: As at today, 28th August a decision on the Traditional Native Breeds National Show and Sale at Melton Mowbray has not been made, they are hopeful that the event will go ahead as planned, please contact Melton Mowbray Market on 01664 562971 for further updates.
UPDATE 30.08.2007: Please visit Melton Marketwebsite for their announcement that the Show and Sale will go ahead, as planned, on Friday & Saturday 7th & 8th September.
UPDATE 01.09.2007: Click here to go straight to the News item giving details of how our Premier National Show and Sale will proceed.
for the Schedule of Supplementary Conditions for Markets that apply.